With Elmseed, I would like to:
Services are provided pro-bono. Elmseed is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit in New Haven, CT.
Our 5-session weekend course is designed to help you re-think the fundamentals of your business and its value proposition at whichever stage of business. 1-on-1 consulting workshops complement a curriculum that covers:
- Value Propositions & Framing Your Business Idea
- Market Analysis
- Customers, Products & Pricing
- Business Finances
- Developing Your Business Pitch
Courses are taught at the Ives Main Branch of the New Haven Free Public Library, with final pitches delivered at a location in the vicinity of Yale's campus. The next Entrepreneurship Development Course (EDC) is scheduled to be held on April 1st, 8th, and 9th.
Register below for more information and updates on dates and curriculum.
We have consultants dedicated to building your business with you, on your schedule. In our program, you will meet weekly with the same members of our staff to design and develop your small business. Our consultants work across all industries to provide deliverables for your business. Potential deliverables include:
- Business plan critique or collaboration
- Financial projections
- Industry analysis
- Marketing plan
- Social media consultation
The exact nature of the relationship will depend on a variety of factors, but Partner businesses can expect to evaluate key aspects of their business plan and finances.
Partner businesses are expected to:
- Meet at regularly scheduled intervals
- Execute weekly action items (e.g. collect documents, draft section of business plan)
- Maintain an open, communicative relationship with staff
In partnership with the New Haven Free Public Library, Elmseed offers regular weekly drop-in hours to address your business questions and concerns. No appointment or advance registration is necessary. Our consultants are available to meet with you at the following location and times:
New Haven Free Public Library, Ives Main Branch, 133 Elm Street
Mondays, 6:30 P.M. to 8:00 P.M.
Saturdays, 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
* Please note that given our Office Hours location, drop-in hours will not be offered on major U.S. holidays. If your matter is urgent, reach out to us at email@example.com for separate arrangements.